Combining power and sensitivity. GDRX® 5 is an ultra sensitive multi-channel digital receiver and signal processor. Separate channels for weak and strong signals provide an extremely wide dynamic range, so all backscatters of meteorological interest can be displayed across the entire operating range of the radar.
Hosting the signal processor on a high performance commercial PC equips GDRX® 5 with the necessary computing power to handle modern algorithms (e.g. pulse-to-pulse dynamic matched filters), while the elimination of proprietary hardware means customers may benefit from easy upgrades and advancements in processor speed for many years to come.
- High sensitivity and excellent linearity over a wide dynamic range
- Great variety of processing algorithms
- On-board numerical AFC
- Dynamic pulse-to-pulse matched filter design based on TX burst sampling
- On-board waveform generator for coherent transmitter types supporting phase-coding, pulse compression and test signal injection
- Multi-trip filtering/recovery
- I/Q record and replay