The efficiency of meteorological services for the aviation industry depends on accurate, reliable and cutting-edge meteorological data processing and data fusion technologies.
Each individual sensor obtains information related to dangerous atmospheric phenomena which may affect air traffic safety during all phases of the flight. Beyond that aviation users tend to work permanently under pressure. Therefore any information such as significant or combined weather alerts must be straightforward in terms of access, display, interpretation and accuracy.
Selex ES GmbH offers a comprehensive suite of software applications for the generation, distribution and display of meteorological products and alerts for several different sensors and their combinations, e.g. Radar and LLWAS for ground-based detection of microbursts and wind shear, which are dedicated to the controller’s operation.
Using Selex ES GmbH’s aviation meteorology solutions the controller's decision making can be significantly enhanced and the quality of information about hazardous weather will support the pilot’s decision.
Selex ES GmbH offers solutions for:
- severe weather such thunderstorms, heavy precipitation
- severe wind, wind shear, shear related phenomena, turbulence
- downdrafts, di- and convergences
- hydrometeor classification (rain, hail, etc. )
- detection of non-meteorological targets such as birds
- detection and tracking of volcanic ash clouds and sand storms